Personal Trainer and Fitness Guru Holly Del Rosso Leads Challenge with Custom 30-Minute Workouts
RONKONKOMA, N.Y. – June 23, 2014 – Today the Balance Bar® Summer Shape-Up Challenge kicks off to help consumers move more, eat healthier and feel great while enjoying summer. The 40-day Challenge will be filled with 30-minute workouts, healthy eating tips and multiple social media giveaways on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter. Holly Del Rosso, an NASM certified personal trainer, created the exercise program which includes 18 different 30-minute workouts focused on different parts of the body such as abs, legs and back.
“It’s important to do at least 30 minutes of physical activity each day like walking, running or just moving your body, and making nutritious meal and snacking decisions is critical for getting the most out of your fitness routine,” said Holly Del Rosso, personal trainer and Balance Bar spokesperson. “I always tell my clients to eat a small meal or snack like a Balance Bar at least 90 minutes before any workout to ensure they have the best levels of energy.”
Holly’s shares her summer workout philosophies and tips on Balance.com which include the following ideas:
- Take your workout outside. Outdoor workouts are challenging and refreshing so try paddle boarding, surfing, cycling, yoga in the park or group runs like a 5K.
- Eat seasonal fruits and veggies. Most fruits and veggies are at their peak during summer months and by eating them you’re adding more nutrients to your diet. Look to add a host of different colors to your meal with various fruits and vegetables. Try grilling vegetables (corn, eggplant or zucchini) for a delicious side to your dinner or add juicy fruits (blackberries, peaches and melon) to your morning breakfast.
- Find a buddy to workout with. By partnering with someone, you’re more likely to work out when you say you will and it’s also a great way to catch up with old friends. Some of my favorite “buddy workouts” include biking, outdoor dancing classes, canoeing, and of course, hiking (with a healthy picnic at the end!)
- Drink more “fun” water! It’s important to drink a plenty of water especially in the summer when you’re more prone to dehydration. I like to make infused water mocktails to make water more exciting and delicious and only adding 20 calories or less. Buy some fresh fruits, slice them up and add to your water. My favorite combinations are peaches and strawberries, strawberries and mint or cucumber and watermelon and you’ll want to drink it all day in fun infusers like these from the Ball® brand.
- Eat many small meals. When you eat smaller portions more frequently, your metabolic rate tends to be higher (meaning you can burn calories more easily). I always tell my clients to eat 5-6 small meals a day that are packed with nutrients, including a snack in between each meal with something like a Cookie Dough Balance Bar® which will keep you full longer and help satisfy your appetite. Balance Bar® is also a great snack to put in your purse or gym bag so you always have a nutritious snack on-hand and can avoid making those bad snack choices at that last minute and when on the go.
Balance Bar offers over 20 varieties of bars based on the 40-30-30 nutrition principle – a proven formula developed by scientists to help maintain your blood sugar levels already within a normal range. They help fill you up and give you energy that lasts through your workouts and daily activities.
“Summer is a great time for people to refresh their daily routine and get outdoors,” said Katia Facchetti, Chief Marketing Officer for Balance Bar. “With Balance Bar’s portion controlled serving size, it’s the perfect snack to bring along with you while you’re hiking, biking and/or walking outdoors providing lasting energy to feel and look your summer best.”
About Balance Bar®
Founded in 1992, Balance Bar®, one of America’s original nutrition/energy bars, offers the right ratio of ingredients and nutrients that are scientifically formulated to help keep you in balance, delivering the nutritional benefits to help you enjoy today while looking after tomorrow. Balance Bars® are available in four unique product lines (Original, Gold, Dark and bare) that offer more than 20 delicious flavors based on the 40/30/30 nutrition model – a proven formula developed by scientists to help maintain blood sugar levels already within a normal range and that represents the caloric ratio the body needs to enjoy lasting balanced energy and help satisfy hunger for longer; 40% of total calories from carbohydrates, 30% from protein and 30% from dietary fat. For more information, visit www.Balance.com. Follow Balance Bar® for tips and nutritional information on Facebook®, Twitter® and Pinterest.