First-ever Nutrition/Energy Bar for Women with a Beauty Bonus!
Balance Bar, one of America’s original nutrition/energy bar leaders, is introducing nimble™, the first bar for women that conveniently combines beauty and nutrition in a delicious, indulgent bar.
Fortified with rich Antioxidants, Beta-Carotene and 10mg of FloraGLO® Lutein, nimble provides vital nutrients for healthy skin and seven critical ingredients for women’s bodies: protein (10g); fiber (5g); calcium; iron; folate; and vitamins D and B6.
nimble also is the first bar sweetened with Truvia® rebiana, a natural, zero-calorie sweetener made from the best-tasting part of the stevia leaf. With 120 calories per bar, nimble is available in two amazing flavors: Peanut Butter and Yogurt Orange Swirl.
“Many women on the go have little time to think about nutrition and the effect it can have on how they look and feel,” said Erin Lifeso, Balance Bar’s director of marketing. “nimble’s clinically-supported formulatakes healthy snacking a beautiful step forward.”
Why nimble is an ‘All-in-one’ Daily Regimen
"nimble contains the 40-30-30 ratio of carbohydrates, protein and fat that can help stabilize blood sugar, reduce inflammation, steady your mood and improve energy,” said Joyce Daoust, a certified nutritionist and national best selling co-author of THE FORMULA, A Personalized 40-30-30 Weight Loss Program. “And, the Vitamins, Minerals, Carotenoids and Antioxidants found in nimble all play a key role in maintaining healthy skin.”
For example, Lutein is an important carotenoid found in green leafy vegetables such as spinach and kale. In a recent clinical study1, the FloraGLO® Lutein found in nimble was shown to significantly increase skin hydration by 38% over time in addition to improvement in skin elasticity. And, nimble provides an excellent source of Beta-Carotene, which has been proven to help your skin defend against redness and UV induced damage.2 ”
Equally important, nimble provides these seven critical ingredients for women’s health:
· Fiber provides digestion health and a satiated feeling to make it easier to keep healthy eating on track.
· Protein gives you lasting energy, without any harsh blood sugar spikes that can cause you to overeat.
· Calcium is widely known for its importance to lasting bone health, but it also aids muscle function and nerve function. Vitamin D aids the absorption of Calcium, so pairing the two together provides lasting benefits.
· Vitamin B6 is a micronutrient that provides a stabilizing effect to your blood sugar and helps your immune system.
· Iron carries oxygen to your tissues, and is essential for resisting fatigue and poor concentration.
· Folate offers multiple benefits to women, for reproductive health and beyond.
“All told, nimble can easily become part of your daily beauty regiment,” Daoust said.
Go for Nimble
nimble bars can be found at retail locations nationally wherever Balance Bars are sold. They come in 1.16 ounce single-serve bars and are certified Kosher. Suggested retail price is $1.69. They also can be ordered online at www.Balance.com and www.Amazon.com. nimble tips and nutritional information can be found on http://www.facebook.com/nimblebar.
1Palombo, et al. Skin Pharmacol and Physiol 20: 199-210.2007.
2 Cesarini et al 2003
Tags: Balance Bar News.