The winter weather is wearing off and we are so excited about it! With summer right around the corner, you can trust that Balance Bar® has all the tips, tricks and secrets you need to become healthier before the sunny season arrives.
Last year, you helped us make our 30-day Summer Shape Up challenge a hit so we’re bringing back the best wellness info that’s relevant to you. From our delicious 40-30-30 nutrition bars to our one-of-a-kind fitness programs, Balance Bar® is on your side for summertime success.
First things first: peel off your winter coat. And your sweater… and your boots. Feels good, doesn’t it? Now grab your favorite Balance Bar® and check out these motivational workout videos that will get you ready for summer faster than you can say poolside. Choose from the five workouts below and follow NASM certified personal trainer, Holly Del Rosso, as she walks you through a 30-minute exercise program.
Helpful Tips from Holly
1. Fuel up. 30 minutes before your workout, eat a nutritious snack like a Balance Bar for lasting energy.
2. Eat seasonal. Most fruits and veggies are at their peak during summer months and they add nutrients to your diet. The more colors on your plate, the better!
3. Holly’s Tip: Find a workout buddy. Great “buddy workouts” include biking, outdoor dancing classes, canoeing and hiking (with a healthy picnic at the end)!
4. Small meals make a big impact. Eat many small meals a day that are packed with nutrients, including a snack in between each meal like a Cookie Dough Balance Bar® which will keep you full longer.
5. Take your workout outside. Use the pictures below to take your workout…wherever!
These workout summaries are great to have on hand when you want to workout outside in the fresh air. Just print one out or open it on your phone to get started!
There’s a lot more wellness advice to come and a lot more Balance Bar flavors to try! As summer heats up, check back with us for ways to lead a life that’s in balance.
Consult with your doctor before beginning this or any diet or exercise program.