RONKONKOMA, N.Y. – August 19, 2013 – With the lazy days of summer quickly dwindling, families everywhere are in “Back to School” mode. Getting back into a routine that can include everything from carpooling, packing lunches and attending an endless schedule of soccer games, ballet classes and play-dates galore, it’s no wonder 61 percent of parents report that Back to School season is the busiest time of year for their families. The results are part of a national survey of more than 5,000 parents of school-aged children conducted by the Macaroni Kid parent network in partnership with Balance Bar®.
The majority of parents (77%) reported that between all members of their families, they have at 3 or more activities/events per week on average once school starts. Other results from the survey include:
- 80% of respondents said once school starts, they will be planning more meals and attending more sporting events for their kids.
- And 57% of parents said they try to have one meal together each day as a family to help balance their schedules.
“With such busy schedules, it’s important that both parents and kids have lasting energy. Always having smart snacks like Balance Bar® minis on hand is a great way to ensure that everyone remains motivated to get through the day,” commented Joyce Shulman, CEO of Macaroni Kid. “With a little extra planning and a lot of good communication between family members, everyone can accomplish their tasks at hand during this hectic time of year.”
In addition to smart snacking, Macaroni Kid provided these tips for parents this Back to School season:
- Do a run through. Are you kids starting a new school or a new routine? Do a run through. Wake up "school time," brush teeth, get dressed, pack lunch, have a school-appropriate breakfast and maybe even drive or walk to school. Then, take those packed lunches and head to the park for a final summer break picnic.
- Plan the menus. Give your kids several options in each category and let them weigh in on what they'd like to find in their lunchboxes... you won't have to guess each morning and they are far more likely to eat it if they've had a hand in selecting it. We love Balance Bar® minis to pack along for snacks!
- Clean your closets! Nothing gets you, and the kids, ready for smooth mornings like purged, well-organized closets.
Additional Back to School tips from Macaroni Kid are online at Balance.com. Balance Bar®will also be hosting a live, one-hour Twitter chat on Tuesday, August 20 at 2:00 PM EST/11:00 AM PST. Popular bloggers from The Bragging Mommyand The Mommyhood Chronicles as well as Itzy Ritzy, the reusable and fashionable snack bags, and Macaroni Kid will join Balance Bar® and parents in the conversation.
The survey spanned more than 5,000 web-based interviews with parents of children ages 5-18 living at home. The survey was conducted August 5-6, 2013.
About Macaroni Kid Through an ever-growing network of Publisher Moms, Macaroni Kid delivers weekly email newsletters and creates websites that provide all of the skinny on events and activities for kids and their families in more than 500 local communities across the country. Additional information about Macaroni Kid, LLC can be obtained by calling 631.726.1412 or emailing email@example.com