The holidays are quickly approaching, which means freshly baked pies, grandma’s famous cookies, and traditional turkey dinners are just weeks away. Before all of the festive foods start tempting your tastebuds, check out these tips for a wholesome holiday season.
- Stick to a regular meal schedule. When you try to save calories by skipping breakfast and lunch, you’re more likely to overdo it at the dinner table. Start your holiday with a healthy breakfast and enjoy a light lunch to keep yourself on track.
- With all of the delicious smells wafting from the kitchen, it’s easy to find yourself sampling each dish as it cooks. When cravings hit, reach for a wholesome alternative rather than a few bites of this and that. Your favorite Balance Bars are delicious and nutritious snack options that will give you an energy boost, too.
- Adjust your recipes. You don’t have to abandon the dishes you know and love to eat healthier during the holidays. Instead, get creative and change a few ingredients. It can be as easy as adding more veggies to the stuffing or swapping butter with skim milk when you make your mashed potatoes.
- Cookies, cake and pie, oh my! Go ahead—treat yourself to these holiday favorites, but be mindful of your choices in between celebrations. Satisfy your sweet tooth with a nutritionally Balanced treat in crave-worthy flavors like Cookie Dough, Dark Chocolate Turtle and Chocolate Craze.
- Get a little exercise. If your first thought after a big meal is naptime, you’re not alone. Before you hit the sofa, get a group of friends and family to join you for a brisk walk. You’ll be happy you made this healthy choice when you’re reenergized and burning holiday calories.
What are your tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle during the holidays? Share them with us on Facebook.