Home baked goodies, cookies and candy are traditional parts of holiday gifting. But the extra calories that come with them don’t always spread holiday cheer. So when giving this year, why not start a new tradition—and focus your presents on personal health and fitness?
Not sure what to give? You may be surprised at how easy it is to come up with healthy gift ideas for all of the personalities on your list. A stroll through your health food store is a great way to get started. Or you can simply check out some of my favorites below:
- A box of Balance Bars—or better yet, order the Balance Bar Healthy Holiday Gift Assortment. It features 20 of the most popular flavor Balance Bars in a blue and silver keepsake gift box and a 20th year commemorative tote bag.
- A bottle of Multi Vitamin/Mineral capsules or Kids Chewable Multi Vitamin/Minerals to keep the whole family healthy
- Vitamin C packets for the people who “brighten” your day
- Whey protein powder for that fitness shake enthusiast
- A stick blender for making quick 40-30-30 smoothies
- A trendy reusable water bottle
- A variety of white, green or black tea
- Hand made, all natural soaps
- Vegetable wash
- Organic eye pillows
- Gift cards for local health stores like Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, GNC and Vitamin Shoppe
- Health related books and cookbooks
- Health magazine subscriptions
- Workout DVD’s
- Gift cards for massages, exercise classes, gym memberships and personal training
- Sports accelerometer bands to digitally track activity and health
- Interactive video games
- Workout clothes and shoes
- Portable exercise equipment
As you can see, there are plenty of healthy options out there, from large to small. So give the gift of health this year, and help everyone on your list look, feel, or perform better and enjoy a healthier New Year. Happy Holidays!
*Joyce Daoust is a Certified Nutritionist, Balance Bar® spokesperson and national best-selling co-author of THE FORMULA, A Personalized 40-30-30 Weight Loss Program